How to GLue? and other Q

3301   2   1
436 posts
Its been a short while sence I used Houdini in production, and so I am rusty on channell expression syntax.

When using Copy SOP with Stamp option, and with SwitchSOP as input of stamped objects. I want randomize the the object that is stamped, as well as randomize the scale, xform, and rotation of stamped objects. What is the syntax to use in the CopySOP?

Second Q.
My RBD Glue DOP is working weird (i.e. not at all). When I select the polygonal SOP in SOP path of RBDGlueSOP, nothing is read. Thoughthe RBDObject DOP works fine with same SOP Path. The DOPnet with RBDGLue DOP in it does not evauate.

Third Q

My HELP does not work. The HOUDINI Browser crashes when it is pulled up, so I have no documentation of any kind, and SideFX tut section is empty. What to do?

THX
Staff
4444 posts
Second Answer: The RBD Glue Object DOP creates a separate RBD Object for each primitive group in the source SOP. If you have no primitive groups, you'll get no objects.

Mark
Staff
2540 posts
First Answer: Not much info here so double the work. I assume Houdini8. The stamp function has replaced param in H7.

If you are copying data to template points, use rand( $PT + 10.001 )
If you are copying data to template particles, use rand( $ID + 10.001 )
If you are copying data using the copy number, use rand( $CY + 10.001 )

The 10.001 is the “seed” value and can be changed to any reasonable floating point value.

In the switch SOP's switch parameter use (assuming the stamp name is say “mystampval” and the copy SOP is called “copy1”):

stamp(“./copy1”, “mystampval”, 0)
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links