Plans for a native unbiased pathtracer in mantra/houdini?

2315   7   0
246 posts
Are there plans to implement an unbiased pathtracing approach to rendering in the not-so-distant future under the mantra/houdini umbrella? I find that the current “hybrid” approach to pbr is starting to fall behind some of the other solutions available in terms of rendertime and noise reduction, etc.
636 posts
send them beer it can do wonders :-)

have you made a RFE?
246 posts
Not yet but maybe I should, although I'd hope that this is already underway.
636 posts
Please make a RFE.
246 posts
Will do.
2041 posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread with an off topic comment guys.

Normally I could care less about the profile pictures for myself and don't usualy pay much attention to others. But a lego one?!, Haha, love it. Guess it's because I have a whole bunch of lego in a box not being used after my kids are now all ‘grown’ up.

Looks like I'm going to start taking lego portrait pictures for my profile picture, when I need some comic relief from my Houdini project.

Hope you don't mind if I borrow ‘your’ idea stu.

246 posts
BabaJ
Sorry for hijacking this thread with an off topic comment guys.

Normally I could care less about the profile pictures for myself and don't usualy pay much attention to others. But a lego one?!, Haha, love it. Guess it's because I have a whole bunch of lego in a box not being used after my kids are now all ‘grown’ up.

Looks like I'm going to start taking lego portrait pictures for my profile picture, when I need some comic relief from my Houdini project.

Hope you don't mind if I borrow ‘your’ idea stu.

No worries - it's an old render, probably close to 8-9 years ago now, I should really redo it.
246 posts
RFE submitted.
  • Quick Links