H16 Autorig FK/IK switching behaviour issues

4419   8   3
81 posts
Hello everyone.

As an animator I am very interested in the new h16 autorig functionality. My first difficulties have fortunately been addressed and answered in other threads.
Right now I encounter strange behaviour in the IK/FK switching of the generated rig. As follows:
  • Say for the leg, if I pose it through FK and then hit the ‘match IK to FK’-button, the IK controls for the leg itself indeed lign up with the new pose. The IK-foot controls however stay put in their original position, which is within my flow very awkward (did I hear myself say ‘unwanted’?)
  • After this switch there has been created an offset between the foot IK-controller and the deformation skeleton foot itself which is not resolved until I zero out all values within the .hda regarding the leg and foot
  • The same seems to apply to the arm and hand controls

Maybe I can dive into the unlocked .hda and switch/alter stuff but it feels more as something (yet) incomplete.
Does anyone else encounter this or maybe has a solution?

Attachments:
xIKFK.PNG (313.4 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
this is a known bug - on my list for this week.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
52 posts
Hi,

Any updates on this?
The bug seems to still be there in 16.0.557

Alex
VFX Supervisor @ Helmet Films & Visual Effects
http://www.helmet.no [helmet.no]
81 posts
Indeed, I also still encounter it after updating Houdini to the latest build.
This bug renders this new feature de facto unusable.

This leads to asking if the autorig is meant to be used in professional environments or if it's more a sort of experimental train of thought, not to be taken seriously (yet)?

Michiel
Edited by mackerBaehr - March 27, 2017 08:06:33
Staff
3455 posts
the fix for this is in progress.
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
52 posts
arctor
the fix for this is in progress.
Great! I'm really hoping the auto rigger will get all the bells and wistles it should have

Alex
VFX Supervisor @ Helmet Films & Visual Effects
http://www.helmet.no [helmet.no]
Staff
3455 posts
alexsomma
Great! I'm really hoping the auto rigger will get all the bells and wistles it should have

please do add any RFE's you can think of that would be useful, either from a rigging or animation POV. Having a tracked list of feature requests is really helpful
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
1 posts
when I keyframe arm using FK then I want to switch back to IK after like 60 frame the arm switch back and reset all my keys .

how can I keep switching between FK and IK and maintain the same last position I keyed

thanks
1755 posts
goldfarb
please do add any RFE's you can think of that would be useful, either from a rigging or animation POV. Having a tracked list of feature requests is really helpful
Hi Michael,
Ive recently started experimenting with rigging and animation in Maya and I found this free auto-rigging plugin - Advanced Skeleton.
I was astounded by its versatility and power. You might already know about it.
Of course, we'll keep filling RFEs.
  • Quick Links