changing display colors in Houdini?

17522   29   6
4189 posts
Looks nice. One note is the so-called ‘artefacts since H15.5’. Do you mean the edge selection directional arrow? Not sure why no-one seems to have picked that up.
83 posts
Artye
Looks nice. One note is the so-called ‘artefacts since H15.5’. Do you mean the edge selection directional arrow? Not sure why no-one seems to have picked that up.

Thanks. I mean aliased lines after the edges are selected ( doesn't show up un selected or during the rollover )
There are also some green streaks in the selected edges. Unsure if it is due to wireframe lines dialed all the way to 0.1 thickness.
147 posts
Nice one!

Although in Maya I changed the colors towards Softimage as well.
Now all 3D apps at least behave the same when selecting things ;-)

cheers!

rob
Apprentice Attribute / Houdini 17.0.381 / GTX 970 - driver 411.63
83 posts
Haha.. Yeah. The idea I suppose is to make it comfortable jumping from one app to the other. Color schemes being one of them, other are Keyboard shortcuts.

Which is where Modo made it painless ( somewhat )… just a toggle in the preferences and good to go. Even XSI made it easy for users migrating from Maya.
4189 posts
nisachar
There are also some green streaks in the selected edges.

haha - those are the edge directional indicators I mentioned.
83 posts
Artye
nisachar
There are also some green streaks in the selected edges.

haha - those are the edge directional indicators I mentioned.

So that's what they are. I thought it was Houdini playing tricks. How do I get rid of it ?
4189 posts
nisachar
Thanks.

I will try this.

Here's my own that I spent a couple of hours tweaking. Pseudo Maya style with a touch of Modo in it.

A GUI based approach would have saved me that time…

A few updates to this after using it for a bit. The wire frame and infinite grid were too non-contrasty for me.

Attachments:
3DSceneColors.bw (8.3 KB)

83 posts
Ok.. will try.. I just upped the brightness in edit> color settings to get some contrast on the fly.
3 posts
Thanks a bunch for this Artye. This is just what I was looking for!
3 posts
Did the Python panel ‘Viewport Color Editor’ change in H16? When I search for it in the help file it just shows up blank.
Any ideas?
  • Quick Links