Fem muscles for houdini Auto rig

2372   3   0
68 posts
Hey All,
I really wanted to learn more about the auto-rigging tools in Houdini, is there a tutorial that shows how to add muscles to an auto rig? I'm very new to it so I'm not even sure of how to use them properly. Iv looked around but the only tutorial I could find is from Houdini 14 but it didn't show how to actually use muscles

best,
Vish
Staff
138 posts
Hi Visnhu,
Muscle tutorials will be coming soon. We appreciate your patience. In the interim, all I can offer you is the documentation available for the muscle shelf tools located here:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/shelf/muscles [sidefx.com]

Start with either the Muscle or Stroke Muscle tools to create muscles, and the Attach to Bones tool to hook them up to your character rig.
If you are adding muscles to a character rig generated by the autorig tools, you will need to allow editing of contents on the character rig first. The autorig produces a locked digital asset.
john mariella
Senior Technical Director
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
68 posts
thank you very much John!, currently there is only present for the auto rig system, that does not include eyes or the ability to move the mouth, would I be able to attach a head component to the node labeled head hook and use that as the anchor point or would that mess with the auto skinning node?

best,
Vish
Staff
3455 posts
once the rig is built you can add/delete/change anything you want.
the bonecapturelines SOPs use a script to find bones that are a part of Node Groups so if you're just adding bones to create a head/face then you don't need to worry about it.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links