Help Browser Warning

3975   3   0
387 posts
Hi,

Gentoo Linux, Houdini 8.0.433

This has been discussed in the Early Feedback Group (now closed):

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=4543 [sidefx.com]

It's that perpetual pop-up window asking if you trust this page, and it doesn't seem to remember the decision, or if it does I wouldn't know because i'm running down the street yelling and flailing my arms wildly.

I quit houdini renamed my $HOME/.hbrowser dir, and restarted. Houdini made me a brand new .hbrowser dir! Hmm. Thanks. So, I read the post (above) aagain and figured I'd remove the sub-dir $HOME/.hbrowser/hbrowser. Same deal, Houdini made me a new one. I head for the street… gaghhhh! Yes ALLOW! Remember this decision!

Maybe there's a way to say: I trust everything on disk under /hfs?

b.

Attachments:
hbrowserwarning.jpg (51.5 KB)

''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
4262 posts
Getting rid of the hbrowser directory in my $HOME takes care of it….but if I have the hbrowser open in more than one session of Houdini at once I run into this problem.

While you are deleting these directories do you have another houdini session open?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
387 posts
I just checked. I thought maybe I could have been running another Houdini accidentally. So. There is nothing running (except this Firefox?). I remove the $HOME/.hbrowser dir and start Houdini. I get a new .hbrowser dir and the quizical warning appears as soon as I click on help for the geo object. boo! :-)
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
4140 posts
Just for larfs, manually set permissions for absolutely everything under $HOME/.hbrowser to r/w for everyone. AFAIK this problem is related to writing out files *there*, nothing to do with /hfs or a FF session. That's why the yelling when there's two Houdini sessions - one's already got a lock. I know where you work, buddy - any chance something changed with the umask setting for your account - something odd like that?

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links