Copy Transform Cumulative?

3592   5   0
7 posts
I am using Houdini 16.0.608 and I see that the Copy and Transform SOP does not have the “Transform Cumulative” option that is mentioned in the docs. Has any one else noticed that? Is it a bug?
8551 posts
I don't think it's a bug as having cumulative off required using local variables which are purposely avoided, so you can still use Copy Stamp if you need that
or do similar thing in for loop

you can maybe submit a RFE for a mode where the transform will be linearly interpolated up to the transform value or something like that, to bring back some of such functionality without using local variables
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
7762 posts
Transform cumulative is always on now. It is probably a documentation error, as this option previously existed with the node when it was known as ‘duplicate’.
8551 posts
jsmack
Transform cumulative is always on now
that's kind of the issue, that there is no way to turn it off, like when you want your scales to be just linearly increasing instead of exponentially

I think internal linear interpolation would be great, like setting 360 in rotation would linearly distribute the copies so you don't have to compute the angle yourself, etc, simply what was common before with transform cumulative off and using local variables
similarly setting scale to 10 would linearly increase scale from 1 to 10 etc
Edited by tamte - May 18, 2017 01:08:11
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
2038 posts
Or……just use the CopyStamp node.

It can have cumalative turned off or on.

I think it's this way because they wanted to divide up the nodes into having different purposes; from more simple to more complex.

Whether it's a good idea and the way they have done it is another matter, just saying.
7 posts
Thanks, guys. I used Copy Stamp in the end.
  • Quick Links