Pyro flare up control

3612   5   0
65 posts
I'm having trouble controlling some pyro. Basically my fire needs to ignite and stay consistent. Currently, my flames are growing and have a heat and flame length flare up before calming down and becoming cooler and shorter. What I need is the flames to come alive and be more consistent in length and heat after they grow to the desired size.

Any suggestions?
7801 posts
Is there keyframed animation on the pyro solver's “gas released” or fluid source's emission scales? The pyro shelf tools for explosion/fireball both put keyframes on those parameters.
65 posts
There is not
65 posts
Here us a sample hip file.

I'm trying to keep the flames 1 - 1 1/2 feet high and consistent as possible as the character moves around in space. Right now, the flames are fine while the character is at rest, but when he moves, the fire goes out.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
pyro.hip (1.9 MB)

65 posts
Still having the issue. Anyone know a setting I might be missing?
69 posts
This is probably related to fuel accumulation. Your Source Volume node inside dopnet is set to “add”, so the fuel amount will always be higher when the emitter is static. You'd need to set source volume = copy, then work your way up to the desired density (as it will now accumulate less fuel, remaining at constant values). to do this just raise the scale source volume param to something like 8 or so.

be aware that for fast moving sources you also need to have more sim substeps, so the fuel emission also remais constant (i.e. without gaps).
  • Quick Links