Imported model should have UV-s / UDIM-s but "Space bar" + 5 shows like only one side of model has them? Bug or settings issue?

2027   2   0
116 posts
There is multiple options that may cause this.
1. issue is beatween monitor and a chair (i am beginner in 3D)
2. Settings issue in Houdini?

It should be multy tile UV-d OBJ model
Edited by ISUther - Sept. 29, 2017 20:57:38

Attachments:
UV.JPG (167.4 KB)
uvs2.JPG (17.1 KB)
uvs3.JPG (21.5 KB)
uvs4.JPG (30.4 KB)
uvs5.JPG (53.4 KB)

7836 posts
I'm afraid I don't understand the question. What seems to be the problem? the screenshots don't really seem to show anything wrong, but I don't know what you are expecting to see differently. The top shot shows that uv coords for the dagger span 2 udims, apparently one for each side. If you are referring to the texure in the background the uv viewport, that is a current limitation, it will only display a background image behind the first udim. If you supply a texture path with multiple udims, the 3d view should display them correctly though, just not the uv viewport.
116 posts
Hello,

I am strugeling with UDIM-s. I need to understand how they work.
Dagger is only a text model. I have textured more complex model using UDIM-s.
For dagger sure no need for UDIM-s but for my other model there is need for UDIM-s. So i decided to learn how to apply UDIM textures to model in houdini and build shader.

When i go to “Material palette” tab i have created there a Principle Shader
When i dive inside to that shader i have Principle shader node and i have created texture node.
Textures are plugged in to texture shader
And texture map name in houdini is changed to .%(UDIM)d.tif
UDIM Filename Expansion option is also selected.
By default it Houdini applied textures incorrectly so i had to use option on texture node.
option name that i used was UV Orientation
When i selected “Flip V” it corrected the issue and now seems in render view that textures are applied correctly.

But for me problem started when i wanted to use same texture maps again but now use it as displacement map and also as bump map

People sudjested to just select Principle shader node in vex builder level and go to displacement tab and plug in textures there BUTthat option does NOThave “Flip V” option and this means that texture map is applied incorrectly on to the model.

So i do not know how to apply same textures again but now as displacement and as a bump map.
I did try that i created in to same shader another texture node and tried to connect it to disp input but it did not work.
Edited by ISUther - Sept. 30, 2017 09:47:28

Attachments:
Question 1 p1.JPG (45.0 KB)
Question 1 p2.JPG (27.6 KB)
Question 1 p3.JPG (33.0 KB)
Question 1 p4.JPG (77.1 KB)
Question 1 p5.JPG (78.4 KB)
Question 1 p6.JPG (98.5 KB)
Question 1 p7.JPG (126.6 KB)
Question 1 p8.JPG (137.4 KB)
Question 1 p9.JPG (130.9 KB)
Question 1.JPG (32.4 KB)