Parent Constraint with maintain offset

4523   11   0
14 posts
hey everyone! could anybody answer to me? does have houdini parent with maintain offset, (I mean like in maya). Because I want to create FK hiearchy with three objects and stay position but affect with parent constrain. for example I did FK chain with nulls, and I have same position of bone chain with IK system, and I want to do parent constrain on the null hearchy but with stay FK hierarchy.
14 posts
I thought found solution in the chop, but it doesn't work (((
Edited by rash - Dec. 18, 2017 11:04:13
Staff
3455 posts
pretty sure you can do something like this
can you post a simple example of your file?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
14 posts
arctor
pretty sure you can do something like this
can you post a simple example of your file?
OK, this example file.

Attachments:
houdiniIKFK.hip (167.1 KB)

14 posts
Yeah! I found solution, all that needed to do change root of first null and set the first bone and It's worked!
Staff
3455 posts
have a look at the attached file

I deleted the channel references to the CHOP on the par_FK nodes
I created a float parameter on the chain_goal1 called IKFK Blend
then I created a Blend Constraint:
select chain_bone1
click on Blend Constraint
change the settings to:
Simple
RX RY RZ -only
Keep Position: After

then select CTRL_FK_1
this will drop you into the constraint network -
I created a constraintblend
I wired the getworldspace and the then the offset nodes into the constraintblend
I added TWO blend parameters
put thin into the first: ch(“../../../chain_goal1/ikfk”)
and this into the second: 1-ch(“blend0”)
what this will do is blend between IK and FK based on the value of the IKFK Blend parameter on the chain_goal1

I repeated this for the other two bones.

hope that helps

Attachments:
houdiniIKFK_simpleFKConstraints.hip (265.1 KB)

Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
14 posts
arctor
I created a constraintblend
I wired the getworldspace and the then the offset nodes into the constraintblend

Hi arctor, I created constraint like you did, and the null have broken axis (attached img)… Why constraint do that in Houdini? And I found one more strange thinks, when I did constraint on the one object, so I can't do same constraint and get world or local pose from constraited object, it doesn't work… in attached file you can see “offset_up_Leg2” he took from “inf_FK_2” who already have constraint chop node. I want do several FK hierarchy and i don't want broke hierarchy but affect on nulls. Can I do this in Houdini?
Edited by rash - Dec. 20, 2017 08:47:14

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2017-12-20 16-26-49.png (159.8 KB)
houdiniRig_4.hip (335.0 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
I can't really tell from your file what you are trying to do - and there seems to be a very strange scaling issue somewhere - when you tumble around and the transform handle gets bigger and smaller that is a sure sign something is wrong.
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
14 posts
arctor
I can't really tell from your file what you are trying to do - and there seems to be a very strange scaling issue somewhere - when you tumble around and the transform handle gets bigger and smaller that is a sure sign something is wrong.
Michael

Yeah… I try to do something like IK and FK with 3 chains. The first chain its IK, second FK and last between blending (classic setup system). For me it important to do this of 3 chains. And I want to save chain FK hierarchy, and effected on the last chain. But chop constrait work very very strange, I did new scene, and created two nulls and created constraint, the null attached to anothe null, but axis stay on the place.
14 posts
arctor
and there seems to be a very strange scaling issue
I fixed scene, the problem was of “offset_up_Leg* ” nulls, I deleted hierarchy and it has worked. So if you look scene, you can see problem what I said before above. And on the control “chain__IK_Leg_goal1” I did some attribute for blending IKFK.

Attachments:
houdiniRig_5.hip (334.8 KB)

14 posts
arctor
constraint network
constraint network have bug. I found it! If you need I can show you
Staff
3455 posts
rash
constraint network have bug. I found it! If you need I can show you
if you think there may be a bug please submit a bug report so we can reproduce it and get it fixed :
https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/ [www.sidefx.com]
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links