Is there a way to change the Current Transform through scripting?

1671   4   2
517 posts
Hi there,

Just wondering if there's a way to set the current transform tool (rotate,translate or scale) as well as their spaces (world, local, etc) though scripting? I haven't had any luck finding anything but it would be really handy for a rig I'm working on.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Pete
37 posts
Perhaps forking the geo into different versions of a transform node and combining them again in a switch? You could then control the input number on the switch with an attribute wrangle ie script.
517 posts
Oh thanks, but I was think at object level rather than sops, sorry shoulda mentioned that. I’m just looking for a way to change the handle in the viewport.
Staff
2540 posts
I don't think we have the ability to use scripts to manipulate the various options on a handle.

There are the hscript om* commands that can bind handles to nodes but no commands to change the handle itself.

Please submit an RFE to have scripting control over the various options on a handle.
There's at least one school like the old school!
517 posts
Thanks Jeff,
I'll do that! I just noticed select scripts and I was thinking I could make a setup like this nice one from XSI that let you have preferred transforms for each node you selected on a rig.

(RFE'd!)
Edited by peteski - March 21, 2018 20:30:17
  • Quick Links