BiHarmonic Capture Error

3041   4   2
2 posts
Hello Everyone,

I've been playing with the new tools in H16, and am having problems with the BiHarmonic Capturing. Twice now, I've captured the geo, saved, done a bunch of animation, saved/closed, then come back later only to find an undeformed mesh and that the Biharmonic capture node has an error.

I have attached screen grabs of the error. Am I messing something up? Or is it a bug of some kind?

Thanks,

Pat

Attachments:
BiHarmonicError.png (23.1 KB)
BiHarmonicError2.png (20.4 KB)

7715 posts
Are you capturing on an FBX import? I've seen a case where this can happen because the FBX import creates capture regions inside Null objects which lack a capture pose. If that's the case I think the only solution right now is to lock/freeze the Biharmonic Capture node so that its results get saved to the .hip file and won't recook anymore. Beware that this means upstream changes won't show up anymore.
2 posts
I'm capturing to an imported OBJ mesh. I checked several backups and they were also missing the capture data, even though it was definitely there when I was working. Several versions back from there in the backup folder was a file that still had the capture data, so I saved it out to a .bgeo and imported that into my working hip file, which at least fixes my problem, but kind of worries me still about rigging/weighting in H16 in the future, even if the biharmonic capture is fantastic…
Staff
3455 posts
can you upload your geometry or send it in to support?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
58 posts
i have some problem…
  • Quick Links