Group Edge pattern match broken?

1594   4   1
339 posts
Hi
With primitives I can have group1 and group2 and gather them both on a group parameter by inputing
group*

Same for points, but edges don't seem to work… The group is empty. Am I doing something wrong here or I should report it?

Thanks
Edited by probiner - Sept. 17, 2018 15:38:42

Attachments:
PRB_EdgeGroupPatternMatching.hiplc (82.7 KB)

61 posts
It doesn't work for me either. Interestingly, enabling viewport selection for the base group highlights the expected result.
339 posts
Weird then.

Another one I don't get why is if the Base Group is empty, everthing is selected. But if * is in Base Group, none is selected. Seems like an inversion.
7796 posts
probiner
Weird then.

Another one I don't get why is if the Base Group is empty, everthing is selected. But if * is in Base Group, none is selected. Seems like an inversion.

'*' is a string match, meaning all groups. If you don't have any groups yet, then it matches nothing. As for the empty string convention, that was probably selected so that nodes can default to empty string when working on the whole set.
339 posts
I see.
If there's a group present * ^* seems to be the shortest way to generate an empty group, which is a bit obscure when you looking for this.
^* throws an error, !* or ! doesn't seem to do it.
Edited by probiner - Sept. 24, 2018 14:37:40
  • Quick Links