Missing UVs when rendering from baketexture node

1745   6   1
6 posts
I am trying to make an RGB map for my procedural model using attribute wrangles to color the separate parts of my geometry. For some reason when I try to bake this texture out using the bake texture node, only one set of UV islands gets rendered. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a solution?
Edited by grandparoach - March 25, 2019 13:32:36

Attachments:
Screenshot (789).png (1.0 MB)
Screenshot (790).png (101.0 KB)
Screenshot (791).png (75.0 KB)
Screenshot (788).png (100.3 KB)

Staff
430 posts
That seems odd. Can you post the .hip file here?
6 posts
Hello,

Here is the project file, I made use of the game development toolset to stack some of the UVs with the UV stack node. That needs to be installed in order to see the issue properly. Thank you.

Attachments:
rock mark 3_layers2size_uvByPP_2.hipnc (1.4 MB)

6 posts
If it helps to find a solution, I also tried the same method without the blue geometry and got this result. My workaround for this so far is to Photoshop the two results together but at the end of the day that is not procedural.
Edited by grandparoach - March 25, 2019 13:32:09

Attachments:
rock mark 3_layers2size_uvByPP_2_baketexture0_basecolor.10011'.jpg (394.6 KB)

Staff
430 posts
It seems like it's due to ‘green’ and ‘red’ groups not having N (normal) attributes, whereas ‘blue’ group does. When they're merged together, green and red groups get their N defaulted to zero. You can plop down Normal SOP at the end to recompute normals and it should fix the problem.
6 posts
Hello,

This solution worked well with the C channel, but diffuse seems to have the same issue where the blue geometry is a mess of green and red. Do you have an idea as to why that is happening? Thanks for the help

Attachments:
Screenshot (805).png (250.9 KB)
Screenshot (806).png (203.4 KB)

Staff
430 posts
Yes, the lack of blue is due to uvquickshade7 node. “basecolor” plane relies on bind exports inside the shader, but quickshade material doesn't have one. Simply bypass it or remove the node to use default shader (which does have exports).
  • Quick Links