Sliding Particles

3824   3   1
158 posts
How can I prevent the bouncing effect with the deformed cylinder?
I have a particle source with a (gravity) force and a collision which is set to slide. The colliding cylinder is deformed. The deformation is quite fast and I need more control after the collision. I don't want to limit the velocity, I just want them to slide on the inside surface.

Attachments:
Unbenannt-1.gif (6.8 KB)

7725 posts
My memory is foggy but I think can be controlled via the CLING value if you append a Property POP.
158 posts
edward
My memory is foggy but I think can be controlled via the CLING value if you append a Property POP.

I see no effect after setting up the cling attribute. As I understand the documentation it should be very high in order to attract the particles with a higher force. However even if I attach a very low value I see no difference.

Attachments:
Unbenannt-1.gif (54.3 KB)

311 posts
other things to look at are sub-samples and the collision tolerance.
If the tube is moving a lot between frames you'll need to have higher sub-samples.

If this is still not helping then try setting the collision behaviour to bounce on colision, and reducing the gain N value to something very low or even 0.

It's possible that cling is not the right way to go about getting the result you want.

Jerry
  • Quick Links