Creating Constraints

4006   6   1
158 posts
How can I create a point and an orient constrain in Houdini?
4262 posts
Trying to find direct conversions from a Maya workflow to a Houdini workflow will lead to nothing but headaches. Instead of asking really specfic questions like the one above, try to be a bit more general and explain what you are trying to do. A lot of us here don't have any Maya experience, which means we don't know what a point or orient constraint do.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
158 posts
Wolfwood
Trying to find direct conversions from a Maya workflow to a Houdini workflow will lead to nothing but headaches. Instead of asking really specfic questions like the one above, try to be a bit more general and explain what you are trying to do. A lot of us here don't have any Maya experience, which means we don't know what a point or orient constraint do.

Okay, I need to pipe the orientation of a cluster of components (one or more vertices, edges, faces or CVs) in world space into the orientation of another object.
4262 posts
If you want to deform a set of points using objects in world space then that sounds like a job for Bones/Meta-balls. You should also investigate the Lattice SOP.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
158 posts
Wolfwood
If you want to deform a set of points using objects in world space then that sounds like a job for Bones/Meta-balls. You should also investigate the Lattice SOP.

I don't want to deform a set of components. I want to align (constrain) an object to a set of components.
311 posts
Rivet
7721 posts
There's also some info here:
http://www.odforce.net/wiki/index.php/Constraints [odforce.net]

Feel free to update the wiki.
  • Quick Links