Save failed: No such file or directory

3211   3   3
141 posts
Hey folks,

I need to save a geo for later detailing in ZBrush, but Houdini says the error mentioned in the subject line. Previously (17.0) I could do that, with no issues at all, but I couldn't find a way to export it. Anyone has idea?

Cheers

Szabolcs
806 posts
You really need to give more information about the path/filename you specified. Houdini has the horrid habit of messing up paths all the time - especially when you use standard aliases like your OS' “home”. Always check the actual filename you have given to make sense. If there is anything suspicious about it, expand placeholders, copy the path and try it yourself in a filebrowser.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
141 posts
The issue is present again. Of course, I've started checking the folders, files, etc. and it still doesn't work. Now I need to export everything to ABC open it in Maya just to export as OBJ…
731 posts
Can't you navigate to a folder you know exists? By this I mean open the browser from the ROP node and navigate to a known good folder and save it there?
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
  • Quick Links