SideFX Labs - RizomUV Bridge

22189   43   7
15 posts
Hi,
I have tried all the modes except “Custom” and the only one that hangs the system is “Mosaic”. If I go into RizomUV and set the conditions that same as in the RizomUV_Unwrap node then complete the auto select and unwrap processes then save the file. The houdini unwrap node completes the action and you get the UVs unwrapped.
240 posts
Thanks. I'll take a look at Mosaic.

Custom is basically to feed it your own seams and only use Rizom for the flattening.

The fix should be in today's build for those looking for a permanent fix, just update the tools.
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
15 posts
Luis,

Thank you, I am never sure if it is just me that is messing something up.

Again thank you for your time and as always the support from SideFx is excellent.
Steve
48 posts
Great work Luiz! Thank you
13 posts
Hello,

I just tried the rizomuv processor with the preset “Straigthen Set Edges Vertical” and an edge group on the rubber toy.

Also I tried copying manually from Rizom´s Script Log with “Enable Custom Lua” in the Processor Node enabled and “Delete Original UVs” disabled, Group Type set to Edge and Select Groups filled in properly.

Both didn´t seem to work on 17.5, did I do something wrong?

All the best
Christian
240 posts
Hey Christian,

Try passing a primitive group. I believe that is what Rizom is expecting.

I'll take a look at not allowing primitive groups when I'm back next week
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
13 posts
lkruel
Hey Christian,

Try passing a primitive group. I believe that is what Rizom is expecting.

I'll take a look at not allowing primitive groups when I'm back next week

Hi Luiz,

I tried passing a primitive group, it still doesnt seem work.

all the best
Christian
1 posts
I'm using build 18.0.287 and labs 361 on windows but still getting the issue with Rizom Unwrap not creating an FBX to send. I've looked through all the fixes on this thread and it appears they've already been fixed in the build, but still the problem persists… Any thoughts? Cheers!

Attachments:
Rizom_Issue.jpg (565.1 KB)

1 posts
I had the same problem and that because i'm using rizomUV 2018 and the “rizom_processor” node try to locate rizomUV.exe version 2019 in the 2019 folder and that directory is not exist so i change Rizom Location path and it works for me.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (281.0 KB)

22 posts
I'm on Linux and using Wine to run RizomUV, which works fine, although I can't get it to work from within Houdini. Any chance of taking a look at this for those of us that don't use macOS or Windows?
Thanks.
22 posts
I also just found out about the Linux Appimage version of RizomUV. I tried it with that as well in the bridge, it doesn't work.
12 posts
Regarding the RizomUV bridge SOP, do you have any plan to make it work on Linux too?
3 posts
Yuri Serizawa
Regarding the RizomUV bridge SOP, do you have any plan to make it work on Linux too?

I'd also love to know this. Pointing to the appimage in Linux is a no go. I'm still on 17.5…any chance this has been resolved in 18?

Thanks
240 posts
Hey everyone.

Sorry for the silence. I've been out of the office for the best part of the month.

I'm aware of the Linux bridge not working as expected and I'll get on that ASAP. Hoping as early as next week.

I'll report back here when its working
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
2 posts
any update on linux app image ?
2 posts
I did the same thing and no fbx file was written. Most likely a bug in the system.

Regards, mobdro [get-mobdro.com]
tubemate [get-tubemate.in]
Edited by johnsmith101 - June 4, 2020 04:42:52
85 posts
I have RizomUV ver 2020.1 installed and I set the "Rizom Location" manually but every time I run the sop it opens RizomUV program and do the operation and close it and this is happens every time I change any of the settings.

Any solution to this?
710 posts
I'm having the same issue as jomaro with rizom 2020.1. Whenever the RizomUV Unwrap node cooks it opens the actual RizomUV GUI application, does its thing, then closes. I haven't used any versions prior to 2020.1 but looking at this video it seems like that shouldn't be the behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYC1mwNua8 [www.youtube.com]
282 posts
DaJuice
I'm having the same issue as jomaro with rizom 2020.1. Whenever the RizomUV Unwrap node cooks it opens the actual RizomUV GUI application, does its thing, then closes. I haven't used any versions prior to 2020.1 but looking at this video it seems like that shouldn't be the behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYC1mwNua8 [www.youtube.com]

Thats correct behaviour... it processes and then feeds back into houdini..
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
Author of ODTools for Houdini: https://origamidigital.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=66 [origamidigital.com]
710 posts
Hi Oliver, here's what I'm getting if you take a look at the attached mp4. The RizomUV GUI application pops up, steals focus, and then closes. Compare that to the previous YouTube link I posted or the video on this sidefx page, where the application just runs in the background (presumably via command line?): https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/sidefx-labs-rizomuv-bridge/ [www.sidefx.com]

Attachments:
houdini_rizomuv.mp4 (5.5 MB)

• Quick Links