How to edit $PT attribute manually

6396   7   2
8 posts
Hi, guys!
I'm trying to create a curve based on points selected from a deforming mesh. To get the right curve it is very important for me to sort points in right order. Sort POP doesn't help me.
Does anybody know, how to sort points manually?
4262 posts
Try the Add SOP. On the Points Tab click “Delete Geometry But Keep Points” and on the Polygons Tab type in the old point numbers in the order that you want.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
8 posts
Thank you very much! That's what i needed
2199 posts
Or try just snapping a curve to the mesh with the snap conslidate option turned on. You will find your curve permanently referenced to the source mesh as it deforms, very handy….
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
311 posts
Simon
Or try just snapping a curve to the mesh with the snap conslidate option turned on. You will find your curve permanently referenced to the source mesh as it deforms, very handy….

Great tip Si

Thanks
8 posts
Simon

Yeah, cool!
136 posts
OR….wire mesh to empty Curve SOP…and reference the coordinates of points in the input geometry….like:
p31 p30 p28 p26 p7 p8
8 posts
AndrewVK
OR….wire mesh to empty Curve SOP…and reference the coordinates of points in the input geometry….like:
p31 p30 p28 p26 p7 p8

Thanks!
  • Quick Links