How to random scatter seed for multiple copies

2499   6   1
33 posts
Hi,
Thanks in advance.

I want to get unique copies of a scattered object as thy don't share the same distribution among them. I've attached the hipnc file.
I've tried to use stamp(“../copy1”, “random”,3)but it seems not working for me. It works in scaling the scattered sphere within the same copy.

Attachments:
Random.hipnc (80.0 KB)
Capture.PNG (55.9 KB)
Capture2.PNG (61.2 KB)
Viewport.PNG (395.3 KB)

336 posts
It's not very clear what you're trying achieve, changing the global seed on the scatter nodes just changes the distribution of the points you're copying to
33 posts
AndyW
It's not very clear what you're trying achieve, changing the global seed on the scatter nodes just changes the distribution of the points you're copying to

Yes, I want to get unique copies with random seed. Actually I have a Coca-Cola can that has condensed drops done with the scatter node. I want to get varsities - in terms of drops location- in my scene.
Edited by seeplus - Dec. 16, 2019 14:39:12
336 posts
I like to set attributes on the points themselves and reference those in the copy stamp, it's easier to troubleshoot than writing expressions right into the stamp slots. I hope the attached file is helpful

Attachments:
Random2.hipnc (172.7 KB)

33 posts
AndyW
I like to set attributes on the points themselves and reference those in the copy stamp, it's easier to troubleshoot than writing expressions right into the stamp slots. I hope the attached file is helpful

Thanks AndyW for sharing your file, it explains a lot for me as a new Houdini user.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I really want to get variation of the whole thing not on the points so when you look at copies they don't look alike. I've uploaded and updated your file to get clear overview.
Edited by seeplus - Dec. 17, 2019 01:48:18

Attachments:
copy.PNG (845.4 KB)
Random2.hipnc (113.0 KB)

336 posts
Stamp expressions only work on the copy input side, not on the template points as far as I know. Why not duplicate before scatter? You'll always get a different point distribution

Attachments:
Random3.hipnc (172.0 KB)

33 posts
AndyW
Stamp expressions only work on the copy input side, not on the template points as far as I know. Why not duplicate before scatter? You'll always get a different point distribution

Just perfect man. Fully answered my question.

Where can I learn how Houdini executes nodes I think if I get knowledge of it, I wont run on such silly obstacles.

Thanks again AndyW
  • Quick Links