Unknown Rendering Issue With Crowds

974   3   1
19 posts
Hey Everyone,

I am having an issue I cant seem to understand. I am doing some crowd work using FBX and agents workflow. Everything works fine until I render. I am getting random cut off heads and hats and cant seem to understand what is causing this. I am using a camera with a long lens, my characters hair is using opacity maps, and I am wanting to use Physically based Rendering. I say this because when I switch to Micropolygon it fixes my issue but changes the look of my render as well as increasing the render time by a lot. I have tried adjusting Opacity limits, Ray samples and all quality with no luck. If anyone has a clue to what may be causing this I would be much appreciative.

Attachments:
Capture01.JPG (27.5 KB)

Staff
727 posts
Have you checked the bounding boxes of your agents? (e.g. turning on Primitive Hulls in the viewport display options, or looking for bbox-related messages in the Mantra output)
See https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini18.0/crowds/agents.html#boundingbox [www.sidefx.com] for more details, but some solutions are increasing the bounds scale or adjusting the collision layer if one exists
19 posts
No I have not. Ill will check on that now. Thanks!
19 posts
That worked! Thank you so much cwhite for the help!
  • Quick Links