Cannot correctly do an attribute copy or transfer of UV's

6144   6   1
289 posts
Possible Bug??
Houdini: 8.1.813
Distribution Build: Windows

After pelting I wanted to copy the uv's but they became totally mingled.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong, because I'm not able to reproduce it with other, more simple meshes.
When I tried to use and attribute transfer instead it gave a likewise result although not exactly the same.

Original UV

Transferred UV

A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
7722 posts
Maybe the point count/order is different between the two inputs?
289 posts
edward
Maybe the point count/order is different between the two inputs?

Hi Edward,

The point order is exactly the same, I first had this without the facet SOP's inbetween and it gave the same result.
The only difference I see when I do a UV pelt on the face model, as opposed to a native houdini model, is that the selected edges are doubling their points.

But I've found a fix now. It seemed something was wrong between the point and the vertex order from the original model.
When I added a sort SOP it gave the warning “rotation not available for this handle”. (what does this exception mean btw?)
When I did a sort by vertex order and did the pelting then it worked.

B.t.w. the model was imported via *.obj. Probably something went wrong over there?
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
7722 posts
Hmm, it's hard to say what the problem is without seeing the model. The rotation handle not available just means that you can't do rotations in the particular SOP, you can safely ignore it.
289 posts
would it be okay for you if I could send the *.obj file and the hip file to your email adress?

Because I'm not able to check wether the problem originates in the obj file. It was exported from lightwave with their native obj exporter. Perhaps problems with this is already known.
Though I must say i never experienced problems importing those obj's into other programs.
Staff
3455 posts
you could try the vertex SOP
input one is the new geometry, input two is the geometry with the UVs
change it to Add Texture
change the paramters to $MAPU2 $MAPV2 $MAPW2

hope that helps
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7722 posts
Make sure you have the Target Type parameter in the UVPelt SOP set to “Vertices”. If you have it set to “Points”, then it will “connect” the uv's where they have different values at the same point.
  • Quick Links