Help With KineFX

1956   3   2
25 posts
Hello! Im using a pre rigged and skinned mesh from cc3 and ive added controls to it to help with animation. Im running into a wall when trying to do something like parent my gun mesh to the proper bone/point using kinefx. Ive tried attach to points and it gets the weapon in the correct position but it does not follow the bone while posing. Im sure this system is capable of handling this task, im just at a loss on how to get it done. Any ideas will help! Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Rig Screenshot.jpg (295.2 KB)

7722 posts
This was discussed recently on this thread https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/76373/#post-326595 [www.sidefx.com]
Take a look at the Capture Packed Geometry SOP which is the recommended workflow if you've got both regular skinned geometry and rigid transforms. This allows you to keep all your geometry in the “Skin Geometry” data stream, and all the animated stuff in the “Animated Pose” data stream.
25 posts
edward
This was discussed recently on this thread https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/76373/#post-326595 [www.sidefx.com]
Take a look at the Capture Packed Geometry SOP which is the recommended workflow if you've got both regular skinned geometry and rigid transforms. This allows you to keep all your geometry in the “Skin Geometry” data stream, and all the animated stuff in the “Animated Pose” data stream.

Yes I seen that but I figured that was for a Sop skeleton that was rigged in sops. My skeleton is already there and im trying to attach things to its bones. This system confuses me. But what youre saying is the capture Packed geo node can take in my gun mesh and attach it to the skeletal mesh thats already there?
7722 posts
Here's a quick example attached.

The thing to realize in Houdini is that geometry is interchangeable as long as it has the right attributes. So it doesn't matter how the geometry is created, as long as it has the right attributes.
Edited by edward - Nov. 5, 2020 19:01:33

Attachments:
ErikProp.zip (12.7 MB)

• Quick Links