Scene Graph Details color scheme

2085   2   0
31 posts
Hi stumbled across this post [www.sidefx.com] with the same question as well as a new one. I don't think it was ever answered.

To clarify, I am asking for the colors in the Scene Graph Details pane, not the Scene Graph. In the post mentioned above I believe the answer was to the Scene Graph.

Anyways, my problem is that I cannot read a primvar with a certain color with a python node (light green yellow in the case of the horizontalAperture in the screenshot).
In my scene I import a camera, whose parameters I want to read/change (see first screenshot). If I try to read the primvar "horizontalAperture" I get the default value of 20.95, not the actual value.
If I create a camera node set to edit and set the horizontal Aperture parameter to "multiply if exist" with a value of 1 it turns blue - and now also my python node can read the attribute - what's going on here?
Edited by Marco Dörner - Feb. 2, 2021 10:18:23

Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-02-02 151414.png (569.1 KB)
Screenshot 2021-02-02 151447.png (634.9 KB)
Screenshot 2021-02-02 150617.png (220.9 KB)

Staff
4444 posts
You aren't passing a timecode value to the Get() function, so it is grabbing the "default value" for horizontalAperture. When you are interested in the actual current value of an attribute, you must always pass a Usd.TimeCode specify that you're interested in the current frame's value, not the default value.

Green means the value is coming from a time sample. Blue means the value is coming rfom a default value. Orange means the value is coming from a "fallback" value (defined in the schema).
31 posts
Thanks - that's very helpful!
  • Quick Links