Hdk Help - Edit Sop

4595   3   2
82 posts
Hi Everybody….

I am trying to create an Edit Sop using, SOP_BrushBase as my base class. I am using brushOpCallback function to change my point position.
When using the Sop, It updates the point position correctly, but my cursor is not taking the modified geometry, It assumes the original geometry and is only available in that area. I think the IntersectGeometry is not gating updated. How to refresh that. Also my “altersGeometry” function returns 1, to tell the brush that I am modifying the geometry.But no Help.

Waiting for ur Replies.

-iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics
iamjaideep80 (Jaideep Khadilkar)
166 posts
I 'd like to help but since I have been told by some big studios in London UK I dont have the qualification and the experience in HOUDINI ( I did work for SESI though ), I will be misleading!
I know I am an A*hole.
Time to get out of this messy world.
311 posts
Oh Dude!
Sounds like you need a couple of Shandys.
Now this will steal poor Jaideeps thread. Bad Monkey!
Staff
1072 posts
iamjaideep80
I am trying to create an Edit Sop using, SOP_BrushBase as my base class. I am using brushOpCallback function to change my point position.
When using the Sop, It updates the point position correctly, but my cursor is not taking the modified geometry, It assumes the original geometry and is only available in that area. I think the IntersectGeometry is not gating updated. How to refresh that. Also my “altersGeometry” function returns 1, to tell the brush that I am modifying the geometry.But no Help.

Is your EVENT() method returning appropriate SOP_BrushEvent values?
  • Quick Links