View UV coordinates ?

1385   9   2
766 posts
How do I view the UV coordinates of an object ?
【T】【C】【S】
679 posts
Why not with the Viewport Set to UV?
766 posts
CYTE
Why not with the Viewport Set to UV?

I mean the actual uv coordinates for the object, not the uv islands.
【T】【C】【S】
7770 posts
Geometry spreadsheet?
766 posts
jsmack
Geometry spreadsheet?

I assigned the uv attribute to color and it's now what I expected, thanks to your clue . Although I'm not sure if this is possible. If an object as multiple udims is it possible to take each udim and keep them in their udim tiles but fit each of them into the 0-1 range without actual being within the 0-1 range ?
Edited by _Christopher_ - Feb. 11, 2023 21:41:54
【T】【C】【S】
466 posts
If an object as multiple udims is it possible to take each udim and keep them in their udim tiles but fit each of them into the 0-1 range without actual being within the 0-1 range ?
You mean to have a cake and eat it too?
766 posts
ajz3d
If an object as multiple udims is it possible to take each udim and keep them in their udim tiles but fit each of them into the 0-1 range without actual being within the 0-1 range ?
You mean to have a cake and eat it too?

Yes, obviously !
【T】【C】【S】
8554 posts
All depends on your use case

You can have your original uv attribute in proper UDIMs so that the shading works
But you can also create another attribute that will be within 0-1 using % 1
And if you need you can also create UDIM attribute to quickly know the UDIM number

So technically yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, since luckily digital cakes are easy to duplicate
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
766 posts
tamte
All depends on your use case

You can have your original uv attribute in proper UDIMs so that the shading works
But you can also create another attribute that will be within 0-1 using % 1
And if you need you can also create UDIM attribute to quickly know the UDIM number

So technically yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, since luckily digital cakes are easy to duplicate

In other words, for each UDIM I have an attribute that fits each UDIM into 0-1; rather then the default UV attribute which must have all the UV islands within the 0-1 range to accurately see the uv coordinates.

One would create a vertex attribute then take that attribute fit it into a 0-1 then modulo that value by 1 or the number of udims ?
How do you create a udim attribute to know the udim number, it's probably easy; I just don't know
【T】【C】【S】
466 posts
tamte
create another attribute that will be within 0-1 using % 1 (...) you can have your cake and eat it too, since luckily digital cakes are easy to duplicate
That wouldn't be Schrödinger's cattribute. It's cheating.
  • Quick Links