Animated texture work on mantra but not in karma

1372   4   1
141 posts
I'm trying this method to have an animated texture, but it doesn't work on render in karma ( out context ) but with mantra yes. Why ?

https://youtu.be/et4J9QAwx38?t=504 [youtu.be]
Sorry for my english but i learn too ^^

1 ryzen 3970X 64go
1 xeon hexacore 32go
1 i7 hexacore 16o
7771 posts
It should work if you enable parameter animation on the material library.
141 posts
i don't have parameter animation

1 ryzen 3970X 64go
1 xeon hexacore 32go
1 i7 hexacore 16o
134 posts
Hi.

It looks like you are doing everything at obj level and then only using the karma rop to render your geo.
Its very limiting to use the karma rop, and I found it very unstable while trying to edit the contents, as in this case you have to edit the material properties for it to animate.
I would say create a LOP network rather and use a scene import node to import your geo into solaris, this is very similar to what is happening inside the karma rop.

So.... to get the texture animated. Add a parameter node to the file input string of the texture node. Then name it something like file. This will expose the parameter in karma, however you will have to add a edit material properties node to access the parameter. In the Primitives field of the edit material properties node you want to give it the path of your material in LOPs context and then you push the Create Parameters button

It will now expose all the editable parameters you have created on the material, but they will be greyed out, right click on the file parameter and change it to "set or create". You are now able to add the file string with the necessary expressions for it to animate

I have included a simple example, hope this helps

Attachments:
animated_texture_from_sops.hiplc (625.1 KB)
animated texture.gif (2.6 MB)

141 posts
Ho thank you verry helpfull

1 ryzen 3970X 64go
1 xeon hexacore 32go
1 i7 hexacore 16o
  • Quick Links