Pyro render png is totally black

931   7   0
29 posts
I am trying this hip file:
https://www.sidefx.com/contentlibrary/smokeless-flame/ [www.sidefx.com]
But I can't render a right png, it's always black, exr or jpeg is fine.
And I tried shelf tool pyro, that's what I wanted, just like this:

Sorry for my English

Attachments:
Fire35.png (62.0 KB)

7803 posts
png is a garbage format. stick with exr for elements
8594 posts
Name smokeless flame suggests that there is no density, just flame which has no Alpha

Therefore PNG would end up black as PNG usually tries to save unpremultiplied image

That being said, your image seems to have smoke and potentially Alpha as you posted it over gray background, so there may be another issue
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
29 posts
jsmack
png is a garbage format. stick with exr for elements
Thanks, but I have to use png in this case...
29 posts
tamte
Name smokeless flame suggests that there is no density, just flame which has no Alpha

Therefore PNG would end up black as PNG usually tries to save unpremultiplied image

That being said, your image seems to have smoke and potentially Alpha as you posted it over gray background, so there may be another issue
Is there any way to preserve the flame? Like the attachment picture, if I disable somke, the flame still there, right?
BTW, attachment is shelf tool pyro render result.
Edited by unreal-universe - March 22, 2023 22:14:01
8594 posts
Flame alone is pure emission, it has no Alpha, it's meant to be comped additively
So the pure nature of .PNG expecting unpremultiplied alpha forbids this as the process of displaying PNG involves multiplying color with Alpha and resulting in black in that case

So as it's been said your best bet may be to render .exr and then if you decide to output .PNG in comp you can add white alpha before export
Edited by tamte - March 22, 2023 22:52:53
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
29 posts
坦特
Flame alone is pure emission, it has no Alpha, it's meant to be comped additively
So the pure nature of .PNG expecting unpremultiplied alpha forbids this as the process of displaying PNG involves multiplying color with Alpha and resulting in black in that case

So as it's been said your best bet may be to render .exr and then if you decide to output .PNG in comp you can add white alpha before export
comp solved my problem, thanks very much!
29 posts
Do I need to close this topic or something? I can't find such an operation.
  • Quick Links