Blur or Smooth Bone Weight - KineFX Stuff

1585   8   2
24 posts
Hello Guys ..

I have one question about the Bone Weight - when i add my bone into the skin part all part have same weight -

there is any node or method we get like Falloff ?

I remember it happening in default Maya - but in houdini I'm really new in Bone Stuff .

there is hipfile - Thank you in advance for any help
Edited by Milad Savar - May 14, 2023 11:59:56

Attachments:
KineFX Bone Deform.hip (153.0 KB)

679 posts
Hey Miald,

It's because you only have one joint. If you add multiple the falloff works more like you expect it.
But if this is really your use case I would use a softtransform node.

Cheers
CYTE
24 posts
CYTE
Hey Miald,

It's because you only have one joint. If you add multiple the falloff works more like you expect it.
But if this is really your use case I would use a softtransform node.

Cheers
CYTE

Thanks, CYTE / Yes Correct
But im trying to modify BoneCapture Attrib but is really Confusing.
I don't have just one Bone is just like scattering many bones on surface, it was just an example which I share
24 posts
No one has any idea ؟ :S
253 posts
first you have to use the 'unpack capture attributes' sop nodewhich give you 2 point attributes, a list of indexes and a list of weights. The index refers to a detail attribute list which has a list of joint names.

In it's unpacked state you can easily mess with the weights etc. Use a 'pack capture attributes' node to pack it up again so bone deform node can use it.
More code, less clicks.
253 posts
And check this page for a lot of good to know stuff:

https://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/HoudiniKinefx [www.tokeru.com]
More code, less clicks.
24 posts
Jonathan de Blok
first you have to use the 'unpack capture attributes' sop nodewhich give you 2 point attributes, a list of indexes and a list of weights. The index refers to a detail attribute list which has a list of joint names.

In it's unpacked state you can easily mess with the weights etc. Use a 'pack capture attributes' node to pack it up again so bone deform node can use it.

Thanks Jonathan
134 posts
You can use the smooth node to blur bone capture attribs, but you will need to have more than one joint in order for it to work.
What I have done is create a root and ctrl joint. I flood the whole grid with the weight of the root and then add the weight of the control joint. This will now smooth appropriately.

Attachments:
smooth_weights.gif (2.2 MB)
smooth_capture_weights.hiplc (127.2 KB)

24 posts
willh
You can use the smooth node to blur bone capture attribs, but you will need to have more than one joint in order for it to work.
What I have done is create a root and ctrl joint. I flood the whole grid with the weight of the root and then add the weight of the control joint. This will now smooth appropriately.

Great Thanks William
  • Quick Links