Ghost geos in viewport?

993   5   2
408 posts
Hey guys, any trick that works to get rid of ghost geos without having to restart Houdini please? It's happening to me too often, all geos are hidden and there is always still one that just doesn't want to go hide.

Cheers,

A.
420 posts
Labs tools > reset viewport is your friend

Attachments:
houdini_TzWqXjXxdl.png (13.3 KB)

408 posts
sepu
Labs tools > reset viewport is your friend

I shall give that baby a try when it occurs again. Thank you for that one.

Cheers,

A.
60 posts
Instead of restarting Houdini entirely, it should also be enough to just open a new scene view and close the buggy one
2 posts
When dealing with ghost geometries in Houdini, restarting the software is usually the most reliable way to resolve the issue. However, if you prefer not to restart Houdini, you can try the following steps as potential workarounds:
1. Select and Delete: In the viewport or the network editor, try selecting the ghost geometries and deleting them directly. Sometimes, this action can remove the ghost geometry from the scene.
2. Cook All: Go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Cook All" or use the hotkey "Alt + Shift + C" to force a complete recalculation of the scene. This action may help clear out any inconsistencies causing the ghost geometries.
3. Clear Cache: If the ghost geometries are related to caching, you can try clearing the cache associated with the problematic nodes. Right-click on the nodes and choose "Cache" -> "Clear" to remove any cached data.
4. Display Options: Adjusting the display options might help. In the viewport, go to the "Display Options" menu and try enabling or disabling options like "Display as Bounding Box," "Display as Points," or "Display as Polygon." Changing the display mode could potentially refresh the view and remove the ghost geometries.
5. Node Re-creation: If the ghost geometry is associated with a specific node, try deleting that node and recreating it. This approach can help eliminate any underlying issues with the node.
6. File Reload: If you suspect that the ghost geometries are due to Candy Crush [candy-crush.io] corrupted or outdated file references, you can try reloading the relevant files. Right-click on the node associated with the file and choose "Reload" or "Reload Contents" to update the geometry.
Adriano
Hey guys, any trick that works to get rid of ghost geos without having to restart Houdini please? It's happening to me too often, all geos are hidden and there is always still one that just doesn't want to go hide.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by lauryfriese - Aug. 24, 2023 22:54:25
408 posts
lauryfriese
When dealing with ghost geometries in Houdini, restarting the software is usually the most reliable way to resolve the issue. However, if you prefer not to restart Houdini, you can try the following steps as potential workarounds:
1. Select and Delete: In the viewport or the network editor, try selecting the ghost geometries and deleting them directly. Sometimes, this action can remove the ghost geometry from the scene.
2. Cook All: Go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Cook All" or use the hotkey "Alt + Shift + C" to force a complete recalculation of the scene. This action may help clear out any inconsistencies causing the ghost geometries.
3. Clear Cache: If the ghost geometries are related to caching, you can try clearing the cache associated with the problematic nodes. Right-click on the nodes and choose "Cache" -> "Clear" to remove any cached data.
4. Display Options: Adjusting the display options might help. In the viewport, go to the "Display Options" menu and try enabling or disabling options like "Display as Bounding Box," "Display as Points," or "Display as Polygon." Changing the display mode could potentially refresh the view and remove the ghost geometries.
5. Node Re-creation: If the ghost geometry is associated with a specific node, try deleting that node and recreating it. This approach can help eliminate any underlying issues with the node.
6. File Reload: If you suspect that the ghost geometries are due to corrupted or outdated file references, you can try reloading the relevant files. Right-click on the node associated with the file and choose "Reload" or "Reload Contents" to update the geometry.
Adriano

Cheers,

A.

Thank you, guys for your time.

Absolutely NONE of the above resolved the issue But thanks anyways. SideFx.... Maybe time to fix that one. (I'm such an idiot, Help / Reset viewport)

Sepu,i didn't get a chance to try the Labs thingy. I do not have that tabs even with the labs installed? Is it an extra add on?

Cheers,

A.

EDIT: Help / Reset viewport did fix that thing. I feel silly, didn't know that one. Guessing it's the labs stuff integrated in that version of Houdini. Oopsy. Thx everyone.
Edited by Adriano - Aug. 24, 2023 13:17:10
  • Quick Links