Bake static mesh from instantiated HDA in Blueprint Utility

1101   3   1
3 posts
Hello,

I'm try to bake Static Mesh with an instantiated HDA create in a Blueprint Utility (Asset Action Utility) . Here a simplified Blueprint (I take care to create the HE session manually before launch the script). Note that I debug with print string on each steps :

When I launch my script, the instanced HDA is create, but the bake don't work.
However, custom parameters pass in the instanced HDA (cf. my custom bake directory path).

If I manually hit the "Bake" button on this instanced HDA, bake is done in the correct directory (/game/bake).

Here my "debug" version, all my print String are in the Output logs

LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] Asset Action Utiliy Function Executed
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] Instance Created
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] Bake successfull

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Vincent
Edited by Sobschack - Oct. 19, 2023 11:07:53
3 posts
Well, I've moved on a bit.
So, it seems that despite the fact that the doc says the delegate is optional, it doesn't work without it. The Blueprint goes faster than the cook... So, nothing was executed afterwards.

I can get everything to work except the bake:

Strange thing is, "Bake All Outputs with setting" return value is "True" :

For now, I don't understand how to bake from Blueprint Utility. Keep pushing.

Vincent
3 posts
Finaly got it ! With the priceless help of "Seb", from Think Procedural Discord.

Edited by Sobschack - Oct. 20, 2023 10:15:03
8 posts
Hey Man, I've been following your thread here and in the discord chan, you guys are amazing. I was having issues but thanks to u and Seb, I got it to work it out on my own setup. QUESTION for anybody. Is there a way to access my HDA StaticMesh output after the bake?

I plan to take that generated Static Mesh for further tweaks inside the engine but I cant find info on the official documentation on how to access to it once baked. My guess is that maybe there's a node for that and I have to attach it whether to my Post Auto Bake or Completed Delegates

thanks!
Jose
Edited by JoseBringas93 - Oct. 23, 2023 17:10:25

Attachments:
1.png (154.9 KB)
2.png (124.2 KB)
3.png (119.3 KB)
4.png (52.2 KB)
5.png (226.1 KB)
6.png (125.4 KB)
7.png (8.9 KB)

• Quick Links