H20 HDA save dialog problem with UNC/drive map paths in Win

1167   10   5
59 posts
Hi guys,

The new HDA file save dialog in H20 messes up the save locations. Our HDAs go to a network location in Windows, and no matter if we specify UNC path or a mapped drive, the path gets a 'c:\' prepended.

Is there a way to restore the old dialog before that is fixed?

Thanks!
7725 posts
I don't know of a way, the closest workaround I can think of is creating a shelf tool that uses the last selected node, prompts for a file path, and saves it via the HOM functions.

Make sure you log a bug and mark it as SEV1.
3 posts
Hey guys, any news on this one? It is pretty severe and breaks our workflow so much.
130 posts
Have the same problem.
Staff
470 posts
The problem is that it works for me... both saving to a mapped drive letter, and a UNC path (with forward slashes), eg. //server/share/staff/matt/test.hda

There may be some extra or different step that I'm not doing, or some difference in environment, or something, so I'd appreciate detailed steps to reproduce.
Staff
470 posts
Forgot to mention, worked for me in 20.0.576 and 20.0.587.
Staff
470 posts
OK, nm, I think I might have found the problem...
Staff
470 posts
Should be fixed in tomorrow's build
94 posts
I this fixed? In which build?

My problem: I save the the hdas, they are in the correct spot, they show up in the asset manager, but when I press tab and type in their name, they don't show up. Is this the same problem?
Staff
470 posts
Unfortunately, the "fix" in yesterday's build had its own problems, but today's build should be fully able to handle backslash paths.

Tom Mangold
when I press tab and type in their name, they don't show up. Is this the same problem?

Nope, please file a bug for that. Please include detailed steps to reproduce the problem, and any relevant details about your setup.
59 posts
Testing with 590 and it seems like it's fixed, thanks!
  • Quick Links