Access blend shapes using apex

1667   5   2
40 posts
Has someone managed to set up something that uses blend shapes with apex?
Staff
21 posts
I have yes, have a look at the content library.In the lucha and chicken demo file Im using blendshapes to drive the face joints on both characters. Its a little more complicated in that it computes the local transform on the joints and sets the blend on the skeleton , but you could edit it to work for normal blendshapes.
Staff
21 posts
Will add an example to the content library soon.
Edited by william_harley - Nov. 18, 2023 15:03:50
40 posts
william_harley
I have yes, have a look at the content library.In the lucha and chicken demo file Im using blendshapes to drive the face joints on both characters. Its a little more complicated in that it computes the local transform on the joints and sets the blend on the skeleton , but you could edit it to work for normal blendshapes.

Thanks for the reply. If I understand the rig correctly, the blend shapes are applied to the joints as opposed to the mesh. It would be fantastic to include examples/apex rig components to show us how to add blend shapes and corrective blend shapes for the meshes.

william_harley
Will add an example to the content library soon.
Really looking forward to it!
6 posts
Bump
Also intressted in more Apex examples with blend shapes and corrective blend shapes,

Thanks for the APEX Pillow in content, that was quick.
Edited by legw - Nov. 20, 2023 12:25:16
Staff
21 posts
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.
I have included normal mesh based blendshapes in the pillow example file.
here: https://www.sidefx.com/contentlibrary/apex-pillow/ [www.sidefx.com]

Corrective blendshapes will take more setup time at the moment, but essentially you would be using
the Transform Objects parameter values to drive the blendshapes. so instead of using an abstract control, you can fit and clamp
the values from say, the rotation of a joint to drive a corrective.
  • Quick Links