Houdini riggers pool

1291   6   3
98 posts
We are all aware that there is huge pool riggers for Maya, even Blender with it's addons and rising popularity these days.
But on the other hand Houdini riggers seems to be rare breed. Any of them working in studios that moved animation pipeline to Houdini, are already tied up and rather busy.
I was wondering if there would be interest to participate and add all those Houdini riggers that are a bit hard to find at the moment to a pool somewhere, or even in this thread for example to create pool of our own.
Just simple post by any interested Houdini riggers, Short intro and demo reel would be more then enough. There are us animators that are not looking to go into rigging as well but just need proper rigs for projects, clients or our own.
Would that make sense?
Looking forward to hear from all. Thanks!
219 posts
Isn't that what the Artist Directory is for ?

https://www.sidefx.com/profile/directory/?skill=character&page=1 [www.sidefx.com]
Head of Pipeline @ LightVFX
98 posts
Ah, I wasn't actually aware of that one. Thanks!
98 posts
Well, not too many riggers in that pool at all Hopefully it will get filled. Thanks
342 posts
Definitely encourage people to join in on that! Also might be wise to start a discord or google sheet or something. I have no idea what the deal is with riggers working with houdini in studios, I know a good handful of people who are playing with various kinds of rigging in houdini, but im not sure what exactly studios would be looking for from them at this stage.
http://www.christophers.website
172 posts
ChristopherRutledge
Definitely encourage people to join in on that! Also might be wise to start a discord or google sheet or something. I have no idea what the deal is with riggers working with houdini in studios, I know a good handful of people who are playing with various kinds of rigging in houdini, but im not sure what exactly studios would be looking for from them at this stage.

There are at least 2 discords out there already or you think there is a benefit of having a separate one?
Edited by Ivan L - Dec. 6, 2023 19:37:21
I contribute to the beauty of this world
10 posts
Ivan L
ChristopherRutledge

There are at least 2 discords out there already or you think there is a benefit of having a separate one?

Would you mind sharing those discord-channels Ivan? Thank you!
  • Quick Links