multiple UVs Solaris

747   3   3
413 posts
Trying to use Solaris / Karma in a very basic project with multiple UVsets for an object.

But does anyone know how to work with multiple UV's in Solaris / LOPS ?

I imported an object with multiple UV sets and I'm trying to assign them to different textures in Solaris, but I've been struggling for a while now without any success. I can see them just fine in the imported SOP.

Somewhere I saw I had to use the "mtlxgeompropvalue" ( of course :-/ )to assign a different UV map then the default "uv" but that doesn't seem to work.

It seems to pick up a different UVmap, but different coordinates depending on if plug it into a "mtlxtiledimage" or a "mtlximage" .
A bug maybe ??

The only way seems to be to rename a the UV I want to use to "uv" with the "atribute" rename in the imported SOP.

But in this case this is not a useable workflow. Heck, I can't even check UVmaps in Solaris, what a mess ....

So what I'd like to know is if anyone has figured how to assign different UV's to different textures from imported SOPs to Solaris mtlx materials.

Thanks.
7803 posts
toonafish
Somewhere I saw I had to use the "mtlxgeompropvalue" ( of course :-/ )to assign a different UV map then the default "uv" but that doesn't seem to work.

Yes, that's the correct node. It's working for me when I tried it. Pay attention to the name and size of the primvar on the mesh by looking at the Scene graph details pane.

Attachments:
multi_uv_sets.png (1.4 MB)

413 posts
Aaaah, it's the "vector3" signature instead of the default "Float" !!

Silly me....

Thanks a lot mister Smack :-)

Would you also know to to check / see a UVmap in Solaris, instead of having to switch to SOPs every time ?
4 posts
I was wondering if you guys could help me please. I've downloaded a couple of characters and animations from Mixamo. Some have multiple UV sets (1001-1002)(UDIM), how can I set up a material X network to use the correct uv maps
and texture files? I searched online for tutorials but couldn't find anything

Attachments:
Capture2.JPG (323.2 KB)

• Quick Links