Maya camera "overscan" "fit" constants

8787   5   1
160 posts
Hi again.

I think, it simply for advanced houdini users.

I have scene in Maya. I need a camera from this scene.
I know how import maya camera with animation+trasforms, focal-apperture formulas, image backplane. All nice.

but.
Maya have really stupid magic camera future named “Overscan”, “Fit horisontal”, “Fit vertical”. When i work in maya before, i never use this magic future.

How i can import camera with this set`s? image rendered in maya, with this strange camera prefs (it override some invisible for human eyes camera values) is look some different, than houdini rendered image.

I think - this can be imported as a 3 constants for houdini camera “screen window size”.

Someone know this stupid magic values?
Big thanks for answers..
Staff
3455 posts
do a search on these forums and over at www.odforce.net AND search the Houdini Mailing List Archive > http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_mailarchive&Itemid=212 [sidefx.com]

Maya camera issues come up all the time…

hope that helps
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
454 posts
In Maya - don't use Overscan.

“Fit Horizontal” is the Maya camera setting that will make all the maya->houdini camera formulas available on odforce etc work.

Cheers
160 posts
tstex
In Maya - don't use Overscan.

I don`t use. This is not my scene. Other man who create this scene, use this parameters.

I search now.
454 posts
Eeek.

I don't know if you'll find anything online about that. Unless someone here has that formula handy, you have a few options - and they are all time consuming:

1./ You're going to need to calculate the settings yourself. You'll need to work out what overscan is doing, and try and come up with a new camera conversion formula. One way to verify your formula is to compare .rib files exported from each package.

2./ You need to have the person using “Overscan” re-render using “fit horizontal”.

Best of luck!!

Cheers
160 posts
Thanks , i try)
  • Quick Links