OP examples?

4752   3   1
55 posts
Hi guys,
I have heard that when you get the licensed version of houdini, several hip files are provided, each one being an example for a specific operator. First is it true? or was I dreaming when I saw this?
Then, I was wondering if these examples could be provided for the users of the non-commercial version ( well, I think they are not, but I may have missed them ). I am quite in an urge, as I am developping a tv project and I need to decide if we are going to use houdini or not. So, I need to understand the posibilities and workflow of this soft quite quickly. I have undestood that houdini is really powerful and would be ideal for the works we will have, but…i am really lacking tutorials or any such help, and this is a big obstacle.
So, any help about this will be really apreciated!!

Thanks in advance
711 posts
Houdini4 had OP specific demo files, but AFAIK there are none for newer versions. However if you want to know how the app works there are tons of video tutorials available that will give you some good insight.

http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/houdini_video/ [vislab.usyd.edu.au]

Hope you got a fast connection though. :wink:
55 posts
HI, and thx for your answer, but actually I have already watched the videos your are talking about. So I understand the way to use houdini and its power, this is why I am now addicted to it!
but I need to go one step further and as I tried experimenting some SOPs, there were some I could not understand the aim or how to use them. so examples would have been very welcome…
26 posts
Frading, I feel your pain.. Seems like once you get past the basic ops there are a ton that while they are “documented” there is no casual explanation of what on earth they would be good for.

The docs are thorough but lack bedside manner and thus make most of what is covered reference only..
  • Quick Links