Implementing Spectral Colors in Mantra Lecture!

4749   7   2
2624 posts
I know its been said before and I am going to say it again. A lot of people just cannot make it to these great lectures. So can we please have this treasure trove of information available on video to buy or as a production customer get access to it ?

R
:shock:
Gone fishing
4262 posts
Video recorded?

I hope Mario isn't camera shy!

oh crap….I'm next month.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
249 posts
It would be awesome, if the video was free, considering it was a free event, but bandwidth and time costs.

I think torrents could be a viable way for distribution, Luxology do it all the time, especially with the conference/live demo's.

Not only will this help existing users, but anyone notice as media content increasesm, so does the users, the interest and more importantly potential client base.

This is all obvious, but maybe i feel its needs to be reitterated.

Houdini is difficult to learn at times, especially if you cut your teeth on something else, given the right background i would imagine it wouldnt be so much of an issue.

But whenever there is help, people will come.

Wolfie, what are you doing next month?

-andy
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
4262 posts
phrenzy84
Wolfie, what are you doing next month?

Good question.

I had planned on doing a talk on POPs and reimplementing POPnets in VOPs (VEX). Not only does the VEX versions run faster but you can also multi-thread the puppies.

Depending on the production my standard way of working is prototype the particle system in POPs, then once I lock down the look and feel I start to redo sections as a single VEX operator so its nice and speedy.

So the talk will be about which POPs you can substitute blindly, and which ones you can create in VEX but might have a slightly different look. etc etc.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
1390 posts
Wolfwood
Good question.
I had planned on doing a talk on POPs and reimplementing POPnets in VOPs (VEX). Not only does the VEX versions run faster but you can also multi-thread the puppies.

…and it will be available as a pdf notes in a similar way Mario is going to publish his lecture for all of us poor puppies around the globe, right? :roll:
1145 posts
We're hoping to do a screen capture of Mario's lecture.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
249 posts
probbins
We're hoping to do a screen capture of Mario's lecture.

Even better.

I own 2 sets from Alias, Hyper-real model/body/face rigging and Jason Schliefer and although the video of the instructor, usually the deer-in-a-headlight view is cool and/or funny, its not required.

A screen capture is whats really needed.

Awesome, cant wait now. But i will try to subdue my hopes because people are busy and i know it wont go up 10 minutes after the presentation. :p
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
941 posts
/me scrambles to try to get actual content for said presentation… :shock:
Mario Marengo
Senior Developer at Folks VFX [folksvfx.com] in Toronto, Canada.
  • Quick Links