Nearly 12 hours of new H9 video training!

4659   4   0
15 posts
Greetings All!

I just wanted to drop everyone a quick note to let you know that we’ve released a new Houdini 9 video series at 3D Buzz. The topic this time is the creation of an elevator digital asset, complete with tons of procedural control and behavior automation!

The asset itself was created by Tomas Slancik as an entry in one of our Asset Creation Contests over at 3D Buzz. Through the videos, we carefully break down the entire network for the asset, explaining how and why each thing is done.

Among the many topics covered, you’ll find over 3 hours of lecture giving an in-depth look at how the complex CHOPs networks used in this asset drive the motion of the elevator. You will also find the creation of a Python script that is used to verify and automatically adjust parameter values entered by an artist for creating multi-floor elevator moves, taking into account elevator speed, door motion times, and pause durations.

These videos have been produced as a way to help the up-and-coming Houdini artist to get a more solid grasp on technical networks. In all, the series consists of nearly TWELVE hours of video, and it’s all available completely for free over at 3D Buzz!

You can find these videos on the front page of 3dbuzz.com under the Houdini video category, or you can just click here! [3dbuzz.com]

I hope you find these videos useful!

On a side note: this series brings us up to 27 hours of free H9 video training content.

All the best!

Jason
3D Buzz, Inc.
3D Buzz, Inc.
http://www.3dbuzz.com [3dbuzz.com]
243 posts
Thanks alot!

I just had a look at the intro video, and this seems CRAZY!!
It looks so interesting, my biggest problem right now is lack of time to actually watch the whole thing…plus all the other 3DBuzz Houdini tutorials.

Thanks again for all those free videos!
JR Gauthier
Character Animation & Design
www.turboatomic.com
http://www.vimeo.com/user2847970 [vimeo.com]
112 posts
Thanks Jason!

That asset is mad! - some really interesting concepts covered that can be applied in various situations. Infact this whole concept of creating procedural assets rock!

The only thing missing from most of the training videos out there, is some in depth coverage of surfacing and creating shaders. The old tornado tutorial is about as good as it gets from the tuts I've seen, so perhaps you guys at 3D Buzz could show us Houdini noobs how to create some decent shaders? I'm from a Lightwave background, so never had to think about how the shaders work or how to build them…
Staff
4164 posts
Yeah, thanks Jason, and everyone else who helped with the videos.

Can the next set revolve around character articulation? This is one (of many, I admit) areas where everyone who knows the skills are too busy in production to make a training product.
I'm o.d.d.
1533 posts
thx guys

just wish i didn't have to stream them, iv' only managed to view the first two of the bridge tutorial, and it took a few attempts to get to see them.

streaming media is always a problem for us here, we actually had to get a special d'load for some of the CmiVFX dvd's we bought

o the joys of a slow internet connection

jason
HOD fx and lighting @ blackginger
https://vimeo.com/jasonslabber [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links