trying to get out light passes in VOPs

4771   6   1
537 posts
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm trying to get some luminance passes up and running with VOPs. For some reason I'm getting different results when I have 1 light enabled vs. both lights enabled.

When only 1 light is enabled my deep pass looks fine, however, when both are enabled there seems to be a harsh cut-off in the shading contribution to that area.

Any ideas?

(hip attached, hit render and look at deep layers in mplay)

Attachments:
deeptest.zip (36.8 KB)

401 posts
maybe this example helps to track down the issue:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=6969&hl=export+light [forums.odforce.net]
this is not a science fair.
537 posts
That's cool .. but a little more elaborate than what I was looking for. I guess my question is a little more basic than that.

so, question is .. why does the number of lights active change the result of a single light export in an illuminance loop?

Here I'm simply feeding in the lighting model, and exporting that as the variable. What am I missing?

Attachments:
illumloopconundrum.jpg (95.6 KB)

4261 posts
Can you post a hip.

I have a pretty good idea why but I don't want to send you down a wrong path unless I can confirm it.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
537 posts
Thanks! here's the hip

Attachments:
deeptest.hip.zip (37.9 KB)

4261 posts
The variable you export to needs to be set inside the illuminance loop which is why in Peter's example you have a fairly complex VOP network.

Instead of using the Lighting Model VOP you'll need to put together the illuminance model yourself. (Which is what Peter did.)
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
537 posts
ahhh .. ok that makes sense now thanks

Those embedded functions are really useful thanks Peter!
  • Quick Links