action safe area

6375   4   1
313 posts
Does anyone know how I can display the title safe and action safe area in Houdini 's camera viewer?
Also, how can I make a fast hardware render preview (playblast) in Houdini?
Staff
3455 posts
open the display properties (d , or the little plus on the right side of the viewport)
on the bottom row of icons is the safe area butlon
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
639 posts
As far as the hardware blast goes, we pretty much just use OpenGL Render in the output section – so… it's not really “hardware” render per se, but it's fastest preview for Houdini…

Would be nice if SideFX would implement hw-based blaster. I think.
4140 posts
Forgive me for being ignorant of the “blasting” term , but have either of you used the new RMB-over-render-button in the viewport and selected “Render:Flipbook”? It's *really* nice. We used it extensively in the last job we did. It's a hardware grab right from the viewport that will make a flipbook for you, with optional audio file. Upside - uses the hardware so WYSIWYG, downside is yah gotta keep your mouse or other windows away from the viewport unless you want them showing up in your animation!

Super fast and useful…

Btw - quick RFE on this: Can we have a more consistent way of interrupting this when it's cooking? If you happen to have a cam view up, you can interrupt by moving the view in the viewport off cam - but I noticed that if you happen to be rendering from a custom view - that doesn't work.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
639 posts
heh. I haven't have a chance to really play with 6.1 yet. I will definitely keep it in mind when the upgrade comes.
  • Quick Links