Vops If then Block

5646   3   2
2624 posts
Hi All ,
Yes another Vops question !.

I created a toggle called “Do offset” when checked on it allows the user to add an extra set of data from the vop called rint3 , to the existing node “basic frame offset” via an if then block.

If “do offset is checked on ” rint 1 and rint 2 should be added together then piped out to the attribute node “ start offset ”
If “do offset” is not checked on , rint should just pass through on its own to the attribute node “start offset ”.

Does this seem correct ?

The other part of my question refers to the vop , boxed in green. It peels off the BBZ value. Is there a way to set it up so a user can peel off either X , Y or Z . As currently a user would have to dive inside the otl and manually change this value.

r

Attachments:
vopsIfthen.jpg (75.8 KB)

Gone fishing
1529 posts
Regarding your first question, sounds like a switch vop would do the trick (instead of the if-then block).

Regarding your second question, I would imagine that a drop down menu with the options listed for the user to select from a set of options – which I believe puts in your vex code land, and the joys of the #pragma statement.

G
8551 posts
no need for VEX land for this
you can use switch VOP for both your questions

drop Switch VOP
create new int parameter for it's switcher input
check provide menu of choices on it
and fill it with this string: 0 “X” 1 “Y” 2 “Z”
connect x, y, z to switch node
connect switch to your clamp node

the same way you can bypass if/then block

just compute values for both cases