VOPs: phonglobe(), lafortune(), isotropic()

5397   8   1
711 posts
Ahoy,
Are these guys represented in VOPs in some non-obvious way or missing for now?
7025 posts
There are many, many missing VOPs right now sadly… I suspect these are among the missing.
711 posts
Ah shucks… that's about what I figured. Thanks.
50 posts
Not sure if you are aware, but you could easily create your own VOPS for those functions. I learned how to do that here:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1235&Itemid=216 [sidefx.com]

I also threw together a quick example for the phonglobe function. I hope it helps!

Dan

Attachments:
PBRilluminance.otl (2.3 KB)
custom_pbr_vop_example.hipnc (148.4 KB)

711 posts
Hay, thank you so much Dan for that example and for reminding me about the old school blog. ops:
Time to dig in…
2624 posts
Hey Dan ,
I am no expert at making my own vops . Would building a fit01 vop be a relatively simple learning type exercise .

r
Gone fishing
678 posts
circusmonkey
Hey Dan ,
I am no expert at making my own vops . Would building a fit01 vop be a relatively simple learning type exercise .

fit01 is not a VEX function, it's expression. You use expressions in nodes slots (like in transform or scale slot) not in Vex.
2624 posts
I can see fit listed as a vex function. I automatically presumed you could take fit01 and turn it into a VOP. If this is not the case what's the equivalent in vops ?
Gone fishing
1908 posts
fit is indeed a VEX function, however fit01 is not. The VOP equivalent of course is the Fit Range VOP. You can have it fit any range you'd like. Between 0 and 1, 1 and 0, -1 and 1 or any other range you'd need.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
  • Quick Links