Next Limit to officially support Real Flow/Houdini SOPs

10317   8   4
543 posts
Hello there,

So I heard back from Next Limit, they are now ready to take over support of the Real Flow SOPs! Yea! I still have no idea what the other plugins/extensions they have in mind for Houdini will do, but at least now they will be officially supporting Houdini starting with the Real Flow import and export SOPs.

It's been fun, but I'm so glad to finally hand this off to Next Limit, it will help Houdini users to get better support (I have so little time for supporting them anymore) and will also give Next Limit an opportunity to learn more about Houdini and how they might improve their product(s) for Houdini users. Personally, I would like to see SD files split out as individual files. Anyway, it's been an interesting 5-6 years meeting so many great people via this meager little file translator project.

Also, Next Limit promised to keep these plugins (the SOPs) available as open source in the spirit of the open source community, so any updates and fixes will be available through the usual sourceforge/ pages:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/odforceplugins/ [sourceforge.net]

The source code and compiled plugins will soon be removed from our web site, once we have everything in Next Limit's hands. Please forward any questions to “support at Next Limit”.

And finally I would like to thank Doug Struthers for getting me started on the whole Houdini/Real Flow project, check out his work at: http://dougstruthers.com/ [dougstruthers.com] and also many thanks to Victor Gonzalez at Next Limit for helping me with technical issues and embracing the Houdini community for future collaboration.

Thanks,
Mark
========================================================
You are no age between space
1 posts
First of all, on behalf of Victor Gonzalez and the Next Limit Team, we would like to thank Mark for his collaboration. As Mark states, we have decided to take on the development of the Houdini plugin ourselves as of this time. We hope to provide Houdini users with the best possible interaction between Houdini and RealFlow, and of course appreciate Mark's helpful suggestion above.

We should clarify however that we have at no point committed to providing this plugin as open source, or maintaining the source code repository. We may consider this as a route to go down at some point in the future; however, we have no immediate plans to do so. Currently, our main focus is simply to provide the best possible plugin for Houdini users, and to ensure that we meet the needs of our customers. Like all our other plugins for RealFlow, the Houdini plugin will remain free of charge for RealFlow license holders.

An additional note: the correct email address to use to contact us on technical issues is techdesk at nextlimit dot com. Alternatively, for general queries, please write to us at salesdesk at nextlimit dot com.

Best regards,

The Next Limit Team
460 posts
Great

Any dates for the plugins to be public?

thanks
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
3 posts
Hello Varomix,

The plugin will be released publicly in the near future. In the meantime, you can request a beta directly from techdesk@nextlimit.com.

Thanks

Luis Miguel.
www.nextlimit.com
101 posts
hi there guys!

I dont wanna start a war, or a kind of provocation

but is there something that realflow does that houdini cant do?

is maybe realflow better on liquids simulation or houdini can make real water stuff like realflow?

i have saw on youtube a lot of videos covering realflow capabilities on making real liquid simulations, but less (and even realistic) examples of houdini…

Can anyone give me some SALUBRE comparisons, maybe here is not the exact place to do that…

but, sorry guys if i am wrong
606 posts
Just wanted to pop in to thank Mark for supporting these for so long! Appreciated!

eetu.
82 posts
Yeah, I give thanks to Mark too.
Victor M. Muriel
http // www . vmuriel . com [vmuriel.com]
1769 posts
Thanks Mark for the patience over the years!
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
543 posts
Thanks for the thanks!

:-)

Good times!
========================================================
You are no age between space
  • Quick Links