pyro problem

5220   6   1
53 posts
hi everyone.
i have a problem with pyro, in windows if i login with my user account pyro doesn't show or render anything, only simulate.
but if i login with administrator account, it work correctly.

how i can solve this problem?
Staff
3455 posts
are you on Vista?
there could be a permissions problem
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
53 posts
no, I'm working on xp sp3.
i think same as you, but permission for what? if i know what permission exactly need, i can right that to my account.
i had same problem in rendering with depth map shadow. in default if i not save my scene, Houdini write shadow maps on Drive C root that i don`t have permission to that, by saving file, $HIP changed to my directory and my problem solved.
but in this situation, i don`t know what permission needed.
53 posts
anybody can help me?
that is Houdini bug or i can solve?
Staff
2540 posts
I guess you aren't getting any console popping up.

Please try turning on Mantra verbosity in the Output Driver. Set it to the maximum value of 5 and then render. Carefully look at the output for any warnings or errors about generating depth map files, or in writing or reading the geo files.

I wonder if you generated the cached files with root permissions and that the upres and the point clouds can't be read due to permissions. Writing as root but not able to view as your user. You should be able to change permissions as root if this is the case.
There's at least one school like the old school!
53 posts
okay, my problem solved but i don`t know how and what was my problem.
i just delete Houdini folder in my document and let Houdini to make new initialize.
Staff
2540 posts
yep permissions.

When you first started Houdini it created the local houdini directory as administrator and when you logged in as yourself, you couldn't write to that directory.

Deleting it then letting Houdini recreate it as yourself works well.

Actually deleting your home houdini10.0 directory can fix many odd problems.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links