Deformed Viewport!

16082   26   2
412 posts
ya know what.. i just found out something else by complete accident.

no matter what camera you are in, if you hold down alt when you zoom in/out, it will change what appears to be its focal length. but in actuality, it is changing the param. ‘window size’ in the crop tab of you camera. if it's occuring in an actual camera, then fine, just go set ‘window size’ back to 1 and all fixed. but unfortunately, alt+zoom will still change it even in ‘no camera’ and you have no params to change it back (just have to hold alt in and zoom in/out to correct it back by eye).

so maybe you held down the alt key instead of the spacebar once by accident (that's how i just stumbled upon it). ..

learning new things every day…

dave
Dave Quirus
225 posts
no matter what camera you are in, if you hold down alt when you zoom in/out, it will change what appears to be its focal length. but in actuality, it is changing the param. ‘window size’ in the crop tab of you camera. if it's occuring in an actual camera, then fine, just go set ‘window size’ back to 1 and all fixed. but unfortunately, alt+zoom will still change it even in ‘no camera’ and you have no params to change it back (just have to hold alt in and zoom in/out to correct it back by eye).

Space + H not worky? Usually sets everything back to default

Barring any driver issues I think deecue might be right , you may have just pressed Alt instead of space. Happens to me a lot, especially when I return from a maya session, as a resul i've become well acquainted with space+h
412 posts
ahh yea..didnt even think of doing that. space-h works great. (space-g as well of course.) im suprised the alt thing hasn't happened to me more often before.
Dave Quirus
12507 posts
I was thinking that MatrixNan was accidentally holding down Alt (habit from Maya) and changing the focal length.. perhaps you're right…
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
405 posts
Hey All,

Yeah I do get the two programs mixed up since I go back and forth between the two alot. Mainly because I need to do large renders for some of my classes and since I am restricted on render size in Houdini Apperentice I have to use Maya. Even if I don't want too. Which I don't. lol Ummm its a great theory about me holding down the alt key but like I said when I opened the program and then loaded my scene the camera view came up like that. When I last saved my camera was not like that. I have never seen that before and no it not did zoom in and out like that when the viewport deformed. It just became like that immedately without me touching anything. Thats interesting that you can do that with the Alt key though. And I said like that way too many times. Oh well. lol

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. Sorry to annoy everyone with “like that”. lol
639 posts
Well, in that case, just put down a new and default camera object, and the in your view port, set it to that newly layed camera. And the, voila. All fixed.
405 posts
Hey Alex,

Well I already fixed the camera. I switched to cam1 and then back to no cam and the first time it crashed the computer the second time it fixed the no camera display. Weird.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
  • Quick Links