Houdini Controls

4606   4   2
7 posts
Hi,
i have just downloaded a copy of Houdini 6.1. And now trying to follow one of the tutorials (video). The problem is that i can not see the View Controls (Tool Bar). need to access “Merge Operations with All Footprints”. How can i acess the View Controls?

rgds,
George
4262 posts
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
4140 posts
More to the point, however, I believe the problem you may be having is that the toolbar in question is stowed. Ensure first that the entire bar is visible - can you see a menu at the top of the pane? If not, there's a thin horizontal line you can click on - this unstows it.
Assuming that's now visible, and you still can't see what you want, check the Pane menu, Toolbars and Controls. This will hide/expose various displays for you. I believe this has changed since the tuts, which would explain your frustration…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
7 posts
hi,
a picture is worth a thousand words… thanks Wolfwood.

“..I believe this has changed since the tuts, which would explain your frustration…” JColdrick

I have experienced some frustration alright :x but it is all good. I found the control and now moving on with the tutorial.

Thanks guys. :wink:
252 posts
This should be on by default, and it bugs me that it isn't. I always have to go and turn it on because I like it there.

Perhaps on the next release this can default to “on”?…

-Craig
  • Quick Links