Problem with OBJ import

10104   5   0
12 posts
I'm having a problem importing an OBJ that I made in Silo. Everything appears to go okay, as far as there being a node in the panel on the right, but nothing appears in the viewport except the manipulator.

Am I missing something as far as import options are concerned? I'm using a radeon X550 video card, but I can't find any exhaustive list of supported cards so I'm not sure if this is the problem. This is my first experience with houdini (I was excited to see the Apprentice starving artist edition come out and wanted to try the free version to make sure it would work on my computer before spending the $99) so unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to troubleshoot very well.
Staff
3455 posts
zoom way out and/or change the clipping values
try viewing it in all the different modes
put a reverse SOP down after the file SOP and change the parameter to “reverse”

or post the file - or another simple example and we'll try to figure it out
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7714 posts
Or, it might be you have a build that does case-sensitive checking of filenames. In that case, either get the latest H9.1 daily build or make sure the uppercase/lowercase matches.
12 posts
Thank you very much for the replies, apparently when I was importing the file it was changing the name of the file. My file had the number 2 at the end of the name and houdini was changing that number to “$F” for some reason; manually typing the actual filename into the import dialog box allowed me to import my geometry.
1145 posts
In any of the file chooser you'll see an option to “Show Sequences as a Single Entry”, turn that off and you'll not have that problem.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
12 posts
probbins
In any of the file chooser you'll see an option to “Show Sequences as a Single Entry”, turn that off and you'll not have that problem.

Thanks for the tip!
  • Quick Links