Torque Game Engine: DTS/DSQ Exporter:

6066   3   1
69 posts
Good day all, just trying to figure out how to get the DTS/DSQ exporter going, and if there is some sort of documentation on it?

I've been working the program all day and am beginning to wonder, if I downloaded the correct version?

You'll probably be seeing quite a few more questions coming along; as there are a few developers interested. This program is very new to game artists, especially small time studios at the GG site.

…just call me, Rex, . nice forum, able to upload images of immense proportions…
Staff
1182 posts
Which version of Houdini are you working with? This exporter only works with Apprentice HD, Master or Escape. The exporter does not work with the free Apprentice Edition. The plug-in is currently in beta and you can get info about testing here. Temporary Apprentice HD licenses are being given out to the first 20 people who sign up for testing:

http://www.garagegames.com/blogs/84255/14466 [garagegames.com]

If you have signed up then register and login to this site (which you must have already done if you are posting to the forum) then go to our Support > Download section and get the cut of the day. The production build is 9.1.179 which is a week or so old - DON'T use that one. Scroll down to Daily Builds and get 9.1.189. That should have the exporter as long as your license is in order.

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
69 posts
Ah…version is wrong…I downloaded the 179 build….hmm…okay, thanks.
16 posts
Have you found out how to see the model in Show Tool Pro. I've tested the Houdini and the capabilities of exporting it in Show Tool Pro before exporting it to Torque Game Engine and I don't see the model… All I see is where the model should be. What did I do?

1. Open Houdini
2. Created a box
3. Rendered out to Torque
4. Open Show Tool Pro
5. Load the .dts
5. The rotate tool shows up but the model is not in the middle. If I export a model to dts… small fragments is seen.

Images are see below!!! Thanks!

Attachments:
H9_Ninja.jpg (93.9 KB)
STP_Box.jpg (143.6 KB)
STP_Ninja.jpg (43.6 KB)

• Quick Links