SVG graphics

9426   5   3
19 posts
Is there any way to import SVG graphics as 3d vectors in Houdini? That functionality would be great!
1799 posts
This was posted a while back, so I was wondering if perhaps anyone had a solution for doing this? or is the only way to go about doing this python?

Thanks!
-G
126 posts
I agree ! I'm in the process of importing all kinds of data into Houdini and find that the support for format not native to the VFX industry to lacking. It would be fantastic to open for .osm imports, .csv imports, .svg import…

even just in brute crud manners such that you could remap the data after import.
696 posts
You can probably tackle some of these imports with python, right?
There's a SOP called Import Table that handles CSV and it's written in python.

Cheers
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
279 posts
smuseus
It would be fantastic to open for .osm imports, .csv imports, .svg import…

even just in brute crud manners such that you could remap the data after import.
There is a tutorial on cmiVFX to import and model osm xml file with python.

http://cmivfx.com/store/233-houdini+xml+based+procedural+cities [cmivfx.com]
1799 posts
I have made an SVG importer before and it is not too bad until you get to the path element I would most definitely be nice if sidefx made a native one for SOP and COP context though. RFE away! (I think if all the people that have posted about this would RFE this, it would most likely make it in..!)

if you are making your own, I recommend loading SVG elements into a point cloud with all your SVG attributes, then constructing the geo using SOPs
-G
  • Quick Links